Today’s Top Business News – The Los Angeles Tribune
- Networking-equipment giant Cisco Systems has struck a $28 billion deal to buy analytics and security software company Splunk.
- People familiar with the deal valued it at roughly $1.4 billion, which is about a 40% increase over the deal WWE had with Fox.
- Talks with Unifor have been running parallel to those in the U.S. with the UAW, an unusual overlap that has put pressure on the Detroit automakers.
- Companies with sizable Chinese operations in recent months have been scrambling to insulate those businesses from possible Western sanctions.
- Financier Jeff Yass made a big bet on the app, and he’s a top donor to lawmakers who support it.