By Salah M. Alajeel
Electric energy has been one of the greatest catalysts to our civilization. Many energy production methods have been developed to produce enough energy to feed our insatiable appetite for it. There are two main sources of energy; Nuclear energy and fossil fuels. These methods of energy production are, however, not safe for the environment. Their by-products are hazardous, hence the creation of renewable sources of energy.
Renewable energy is an energy that is generated using methods that use renewable resources. Renewable resources are resources that are naturally replenished. The energy that is produced using renewable methods is safe for the environment. It does not release any toxic by-products to the environment.
Ai In Renewable Energy
Due to the growing popularity of renewable energy, some new technologies have been integrated into the processes to make them more efficient. One of these technologies is Artificial Intelligence. Ai has been used in renewable energy to integrate renewables into the energy grid efficiently. Ai has also been used in design to create strategies and policies based on energy consumption and demand.
Advantages Of Ai In Renewable Energy
Ai can improve the renewable energy sector in many ways:
- Smart control centers. Artificial intelligence will help develop intelligent centralized control centers. These centers will help in the efficiency of the energy grid. Ai will allow the energy grid to have devices and sensors connected to help collect data. When coupled with Ai, this data collection system will process the data and give better control and efficiency.
- Safety. Ai in renewable energy can be used to monitor and control safety systems to improve safety and reliability. Ai would help analyze energy use patterns, locate leakages in the energy system, and predict failure in the system long before they happen.
- Ai in renewable energy will be advantageous because it will offer better planning, forecasting, and implementation of renewable energy resources. Ai will be able to foresee some problems long before they occur and offer solutions beforehand.
- Ai will make sure that the energy in the grid is used as efficiently as possible.
- Integration of Ai technology into the energy grid will ensure that all users are using state-of-the-art technology to manage their power usage. Homeowners can use the same technological intelligence level on their houses as used in the power stations.
Disadvantages Of Ai In Renewable Energy
Despite the advantages that Ai has brought with it into the renewable energy sector, it has some disadvantages. These are:
- Ai lacks universal ethical standards. Since Ai is a relatively new technology, there are no universally accepted ethical sets of rules for it to follow. Many developers and researchers have yet to agree on how Ai should achieve its goals and whether there is a danger posed to human life since Ai does not have emotions.
- It might show bias. Ai may show bias inherited from the people it learns from.
Artificial Intelligence has had a great impact on renewable energy. It has been a great milestone in the mass production of renewable energy. Even though it has a few disadvantages, it has had an undeniable positive impact. For this reason alone, the integration of Ai into renewable energy might propel renewable energy far into the future.