Author Christopher Laird is a rising up and coming author in the science fiction world. Christopher Laird has published 4 novels based on his successful ORIGINS series.He joins us today for an interview on his new book ORIGINS 3: The Children Of Mykia which will be available October 27th 2020.
1.Hello Mr. Laird, thank you for your time today. Tell us about yourself.
I was born in Detroit, MI. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Also, I believe there are three things that define me. They are loving God, art, fishing and writing. They identify who I am to the core. Without those characteristics, I would be lost.
2. How did you get into writing?
When I was a child, I first began doing home movies with my camcorder. I would corral my friends and kids in the neighborhood and make home movies. I would create these scripts and draw pictures on how I wanted the actors to do their scenes. As I got older, I began to actually write out my stories in notebooks. I just always loved being creative. There is so much liberation and joy in creating your own content.
3. Tell us about your great success of your Origins series of novels. The series is about a particle that has the powers of God. Anyone who has that power, has the power of God. The series main characters Xona and Captain Stratford, have harnessed this power. However, it is limited and they can only do so much. Plus, they grow weak if they begin to use too much of it. Through the series, Xona and Stratford battle each other over control of the universe. It is just a wild, out of control ride that will take you on a journey that no other book has taken a reader. Rich characters and unique alien worlds will take you to a new realm of science fiction.
4. ORIGINS 3: The Children Of Mykia is your newest book, what is it about? In the Third installment, Xona is a defeated dictator living in the slums of Cordayia with her daughter. She is wanted by many galaxies in the universe and is only hiding out to keep her daughter safe. Xona is trying to be a better person and change her old ways. Her daughter has the same powers she has. But unlike her mother, Zeniyah has full power and she is kidnapped by evil forces for this gift that she has. Xona, reluctantly, unites with her nemesis Captain Stratford to get her daughter back. It is not easy as Xona faces insurmountable odds in the quest for her daughter. It is a story full of political corruption, bloody space battles, family and some humor.
5. What advice would you give to aspiring writers? That every author has a beautiful story. Never give up in letting the world know that your story is great and you want to tell it. It is just a matter of getting your story to the people.
6. How can people reach you? People can go to my website www.chrislaird.net I also want to thank Akachi Media and Hoodistry TV for great promotional assistance.