We all want youthful, glowing, radiant-looking skin; but with so many products on the market today making so many different promises and claims, it can seem impossible to know which skincare product is right for you. Over the last 10 years, I’ve sampled hundreds (maybe even thousands!) of different skincare brands, and the ones that work, all have a few things in common. Here they are:
- The product that’s right for you may not be found at your local Target or even Nordstrom. As you well know, large retail chains are focused mainly on making money. This means the products on their shelves are being made in mass quantities and for as cheaply as possible. Great quality skincare products have been tested over and over again on all different types of skin to ensure the highest quality. This may mean you have to do some digging on the internet and possibly even pay a little more money, but I promise it’ll be worth it!
- Make sure an expert has signed off on it. Your skin is precious and deserves to be treated as such. So it’s important that whichever skincare product you select has been heavily researched by an expert (i.e., Dermatologist or Research Fellow specializing in Skin). These people have dedicated their lives to helping women have young, beautiful skin at any age.
- Your product of choice should be free of any “yucky-stuff.” Parabens, BHA, nasty chemicals, and fragrances don’t belong on your skin. Check the label before buying, they’ll be listed right on the packaging. And truthfully, any great-quality skin-care line is going to be aware of these harsh elements and note that their product is free of these things.
- Progerin. Progerin is something I learned about a few years ago while searching for that perfect product. In short, it’s a protein that builds up in your skin as you age, causing your skin to sag or loosen. Using products that actively block this protein build-up has been an absolute game-changer. And shockingly, most products don’t have it!
- Only buy from companies that stand by their product. Skincare products should be so well researched and the people behind them should be certain their brand can help you. And if, it doesn’t for some reason? They should have no issue giving you your money back. Always avoid buying products without a money-back guarantee. If the company you’re considering buying from isn’t confident that their product can help you, why should you be?
I’m sure at this point you’re wondering what product meets all of these criteria. Well the truth is, I’ve used a few products over the years that meet most of these standards but the one that has consistently worked for me has been the Hollywood MD Lift & Firm Cream. Applying it just twice per day has given my skin the youthful glow that most products just can’t compete with. The slight tingle when I put it on is a gentle reminder that the lift element is activating. Seriously, this is my favorite skincare product and I’ve tried them ALL. Get started by visiting: