The single most powerful statement you can make to transform your experience – for better or for worse – is, “I am.” This simple phrase has the power to define you. It’s a definition no one can put on you; you put it on yourself. It is a superpower. Whether you believe in the metaphysical understanding of energy, or you prefer to stick to the activities of the subconscious mind, the magnitude of I AM can not be denied.
Jesus called himself the I AM. Your solar plexus chakra, center of self-knowledge and personal power, is the I Am Center. Your subconscious mind is always listening. When you make definitive statements, it accepts them to be true. This is the foundation in the world of affirmations. What most affirmations miss, however, is the key: I AM.
How do you use your superpower?
We go around using I AM willy-nilly, tossing this powerful phrase out and convincing ourselves subconsciously of the veracity of the statement without consciousness. Make a list of your I AMs, the phrases you use without thought. Here are a few of my own I AMs:
- I am SO tired
- I am never on time.
- I am bad at math.
- I am too busy to exercise.
- I am not as progressed as I should be.
Take Your Power Back
The good news is, now that you have the awareness, you can take your power back. Try this: Once you have made your list of statements, make a second list reframing those disempowering statements with empowering ones.
- I am SO tired – I AM full of the perfect amount of energy to ROCK the day ahead of me. I AM already full of this energy NOW. I AM flowing in gratitude, health, and love.
- I am never on time – I AM working on improving my time management skills. I am valuing the time of myself and others. I AM in the flow and on time for everything.
- I am bad at math – I AM gifted and skilled in a variety of ways, which I love. I AM comfortable with not excelling in everything. I AM open to receiving math gifts I may have been closed off to before. I AM open to releasing any blocks that have not served me.
- I am too busy to exercise – I AM in control of my schedule and experience. I AM claiming time to support my health through exercise. I AM mind-body-spirit. I AM health, the truest wealth. I AM love for my body and all things. I AM open to doing exercises I find fun!
- I am not as progressed as I should be – I am moving consistently forward into my fullness at the speed that is in alignment with my highest good. I AM perfect. I AM wonderful. I AM open to receiving what the Universe knows is the right time for me to receive it.
Make your new I AM statements your daily affirmations. Write them out by hand, say them out loud – – and watch your world shift. As you catch yourself making other statements that don’t support the reality you want, add them to the list and reframe them.
You now have the awareness and the tools – will you use them? I AM!
Be First to Comment